Sunday, December 13, 2009

SC marathon







Hi! Standard Chart's marathon was last week but I only have time to post the pictures today! It's really tiring1 we had to meet at 2A.M. and there was a lot of waiting as the volunteer numbers was like huge. Personally I won't join drinks crew next year if  am going again. It's like you have to touch people's spit and stuff and have to handle tons of rubbish! Well, the setting up part was really fun and we are stationed just right next to IR in the middle of an expressway.


There was like how many crates of water and cups? No idea but there was a lot. Our breakfast was rotten though. It turned sour as the steam from the hot food was not released and obviously food overnight stored in bad conditions would turn really bad! Anyways we tried to share food and stuff so I'm not complaining!  

In all the experience is very fun but extremely tiring I was trying not to sleep while eating lunch at thai express. We got a goodie bag with 5 bucks of Anderson ice cream vouchers and a New Balance shirt which is extremely comfortable but ugly(no offense but seriously Grey?) and 20 dollars. The logistics was really bad as our bus that was suppose to send us back was blocked off when the traffic police open the road( bad coordination here!) so we had to sit in a lorry back to padang


I can't really complain about that either because it's a total brand new experience for me( ridding in a big lorry under the bright day light, with the escort of police). It was at lest better than walking back to the starting point which is like 4.5km? we had to wait really long for the bus too! Well my opinion? join next year but not as a drink station crew! maybe cheering or something?

No comments: